Pacific wins 77-61 over UC DavisJan 24, 2010 - 6:18 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP) -- Terrell Smith and Michael Nunnally each scored 15 points as Pacific defeated UC Davis 77-61 on Saturday to remain alone atop the Big West Conference.
Pacific (12-6, 5-1) dominated in every phase to defeat its Northern California rival for the 49th consecutive time. UC Davis hasn't beaten Pacific since 1940.
The Tigers, who led by 21 points at halftime, extended their lead to 28 midway through the second half and were never challenged. Davis had a 16-4 run late in the game to cut into the final margin.
Demetrece Young had 12 points and 4 assists for Pacific, Joe Ford had 10 points and 6 rebounds and Sam Willard had 9 points and 8 rebounds.
Joe Harden scored a game-high 19 points to lead UC Davis (7-11, 3-3). Mark Payne had 15 points, seven rebounds and four assists for the Aggies.
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- No. 24 Gonzaga handles Pacific Jan 5
- Pacific comes calling on No. 24 Gonzaga Jan 4
- Oregon tops Pacific Nov 29
- Oregon hosts Pacific in Global Sports Challenge Nov 29
- Verlin replaces Thomason at Pacific Mar 27