Hugee leads Prairie View to 69-63 victory in OTJan 26, 2010 - 5:00 AM PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas(AP) -- Darnell Hugee scored 25 points, including eight of his team's 12 in overtime, as Prairie View edged Mississippi Valley State 69-63 Monday night.
Hugee scored the first four points of the extra period and the Panthers (10-8, 5-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference) led the rest of the way. Duwan Kornegay added 16 points and Dorian McDaniel had 11.
Julius Cheeks led the Delta Devils (4-16, 3-4) with 21 points, and his layup with 23 seconds remaining in regulation capped an 8-0 run that tied the score at 57. The game went into overtime after Michael Griffin missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer for Prairie View.
Darian Donald's 3 pointer pulled the Devils to within 65-63 with 1:31 to play before Griffin ended the game with four straight free throws.
Donald finished with 14 points MVSU, which never led.
- NCAA BB
MISS VALLEY ST 63
PRAIRIE VIEW 69 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 25 11:01 PM
- NCAA BB
MISS VALLEY ST 23
PRAIRIE VIEW 27 HALFTIME
Jan 25 9:39 PM
- Prairie View coach Rimm resigns with Panthers 1-18 Jan 27
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- Texas Southern ends Prairie View's Cinderella run, wins SWAC Mar 15
- SWAC title up for grabs in clash between Panthers and Tigers Mar 15
- Wisconsin takes care of Prairie View A&M Dec 28
- Panthers face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Badgers Dec 28
- Oklahoma State routs MVSU Nov 9
- Cowboys set sights on Delta Devils in season opener Nov 8
- Southern outlasts Prairie View A&M in SWAC title game Mar 16