N.C.-Wilmington 54, Hofstra 93Jan 28, 2010 - 2:36 AM HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) -- Charles Jenkins scored 24 points, leading five Hofstra players in double figures in a 93-54 rout of North Carolina-Wilmington on Wednesday night.
Cornelius Vines added 15 points while Halil Kanacevic and Greg Washington had 14 points apiece for the Pride (10-12, 3-7 Colonial Athletic Association), who snapped their longest losing skid since 2003-03 at five games. Chaz Williams added 11 points.
Washington finished with a career-high 10 blocks for Hofstra while Jenkins was 9-for-10 from the foul line, helping him finish in double figures for the 19th time this season.
The Pride led 11-7 just over 5 minutes into the game, but Vines hit a 3-pointer that started a 23-2 run, and Hofstra cruised from there.
Johnny Wolf, who had 14 points, was the lone double-figure scorer for the Seahawks (7-14, 3-7), who have dropped six of their last seven games.
UNC WILMINGTON 54
HOFSTRA 93 FINAL
Jan 27 9:30 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 25
HOFSTRA 54 HALFTIME
Jan 27 8:02 PM
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11
- No. 19 North Carolina cruises past UNC-Wilmington Dec 31
- Seahawks and Tar Heels meet in New Year's Eve fracas Dec 31
- SMU-Hofstra game postponed Dec 6