Texas Stat pulls away from UTSA for 76-62 winJan 28, 2010 - 3:44 AM SAN MARCOS, Texas(AP) -- Cameron Johnson scored 22 points and had 10 rebounds and Texas State pulled away from UTSA late for a 76-62 victory Wednesday night.
Ryan White added 14 points and Emmanuel Bidias a Moute collected 15 rebounds for the Bobcats (10-10, 4-2 Southland), who never trailed.
Morris Smith IV scored 13 points and Omar Johnson had 12 for the Roadrunners (12-6, 2-3), who have lost three consecutive games for the first time since the end of the 2007-08 season.
Leading 59-56 with 8:23 to play, Texas State went on a 14-2 to put the game away.
The Bobcats scored 20 of the game's first 24 points before the Roadrunners pulled to within 41-35 at halftime and within one three times in the second half.
Before the game, UTSA senior guard Chris Allen, who is averaging 3.5 points and 1.4 rebounds, was suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- UTSA extends Thompson through 2016-17 Jul 26
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Ohio State cruises in NCAA tourney opener Mar 18
- Johnson scores 29, leads UTSA to 1st NCAA tourney win Mar 16
- Texas-San Antonio captures Southland title Mar 12
- Texas surges past Texas State Dec 11