Jenkins leads Hofstra over Delaware 77-67Jan 31, 2010 - 12:11 AM HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.(AP) -- Charles Jenkins scored 27 points, 21 in the second half, as Hofstra finished strong to beat Delaware 77-67 on Saturday after losing nearly all of a 13-point lead.
The Pride (11-12, 4-7 Colonial Athletic Association) led throughout, but the Blue Hens (6-16, 2-9) got within one point, 58-57, with 4:32 remaining.
Jenkins hit a jumper on Hofstra's next possession to make it 60-57, and he scored eight of the Pride's final 19 points.
Chaz Williams had 18 points and eight rebounds, and Halil Kanacevic scored 16 points for Hofstra, which outscored Delaware 30-16 in the paint and 16-5 on points off turnovers.
Jawan Carter had 22 points and nine rebounds to lead the Blue Hens, who have lost eight of their past nine games.
- NCAA BB
HOFSTRA 77 FINAL
Jan 30 6:27 PM
- NCAA BB
HOFSTRA 33 HALFTIME
Jan 30 4:58 PM
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11