Chattanooga defeats Appalachian State 85-80Jan 31, 2010 - 3:08 AM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- Ridge McKeither finished with 18 points and 12 rebounds to lead Chattanooga to an 85-80 victory over Appalachian State on Saturday night.
Ty Patterson scored 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds for the Mocs (13-10, 5-5 Southern Conference), while Ricky Taylor added 11 points and eight rebounds.
Appalachian State's Jeremi Booth made two free throws to cut Chattanooga's lead to 83-80 with 18 seconds remaining in the game. Taylor then made 1 of 2 free throws to put the Mocs up by four, but Booth missed a layup on the other end with 10 seconds left.
Taylor would again make 1 of 2 free throws for the final score, as Booth's last-second jumper was off the mark.
Donald Sims led Appalachian State (12-9, 6-4) with 24 points. Booth finished with 21 points and six rebounds.
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 80
CHATTANOOGA 85 FINAL
Jan 30 9:38 PM
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 41
CHATTANOOGA 51 HALFTIME
Jan 30 8:21 PM
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Fox named Appalachian State hoops coach Apr 8
- Appalachian State fires Capel Mar 10
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21