Jackson State routs MVSU 77-59Jan 31, 2010 - 1:49 AM ITTA BENA, Miss.(AP) -- Garrison Johnson scored a career-high 30 points and Jackson State routed Mississippi Valley State 77-59 on Saturday for its fourth win in a row.
De'Suan Dixon added 22 points and Tyrone Hanson had 12 for the Tigers (9-11, 7-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
Cason Burk added 11 rebounds for the Tigers, who outrebounded the Delta Devils 42-39.
Jackson State led by nine at halftime, 37-28, and wasted little time putting the game out of reach. The Tigers opened the second half with a 23-6 run to claim their biggest lead of the game at 60-35 after a free throw by Christian Williams with 11:41 to play.
The Tigers shot 50 percent from the field (27-for-54) while MVSU made only 31.7 percent (20-for-63).
Julius Cheeks scored 21 points, D'Angelo Jackson added 11 and Shannon Behling had 10 for the Delta Devils (4-17, 3-5), who have lost three games in a row.
- NCAA BB
JACKSON ST 77
MISS VALLEY ST 59 FINAL
Jan 30 8:01 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSON ST 28
MISS VALLEY ST 37 HALFTIME
Jan 30 6:54 PM
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28
- Jackson State seeks upset of No. 17 Memphis Dec 28
- Oklahoma State routs MVSU Nov 9
- Cowboys set sights on Delta Devils in season opener Nov 8
- Brent takes over as new Jackson State coach Mar 25
- No. 24 Cincy crushes MVSU Nov 14
- Delta Devils set to challenge 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 13
- Baylor eases past Jackson State Nov 11