San Diego takes down Pepperdine 66-44Jan 31, 2010 - 5:39 AM MALIBU, Calif.(AP) -- Chris Manresa helped San Diego snap a five-game losing streak by scoring 17 points and pulling down 10 rebounds in a 66-44 win over Pepperdine on Saturday night.
It was the best game of Manresa's career on both scoring and rebounding. Matt Dorr finished with 12 points for the Toreros (9-14, 2-5 West Coast) and Brandon Johnson added 11.
The Toreros went 23-for-55 from the field (42 percent) and made 7 of 17 tries from long distance.
The Waves (7-16, 3-4) were cold from the field, shooting just 13-for-51 for 25 percent. Mychel Thompson was the only player to score double-digits with 14 points. He also grabbed seven rebounds.
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- San Diego hires Lamont Smith as coach Mar 31
- San Diego fires men's hoops coach Grier Mar 16
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga pulls away from San Diego Feb 27
- Toreros face tall task in clash with third-ranked Zags Feb 26
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14
- No. 3 Gonzaga edges Pepperdine Jan 16
- Waves hope to wash away third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 15