Portland State overtakes Eastern Washington 85-77Jan 31, 2010 - 5:23 AM CHENEY, Wash.(AP) -- Jamie Jones scored 26 points as Portland State rallied past Eastern Washington 85-77 on Saturday night.
Melvin Jones and Dominic Waters added 15 points apiece for the Vikings (9-12, 4-5 Big Sky).
Kevin Winford led five players in double figures with 16 points for the Eagles (6-16, 2-7).
Trailing by as many as 14 points in the second half, Portland State outscored Eastern Washington 40-18 over the final 15 minutes.
Jamie Jones' bucket inside with 15 minutes left started a 27-12 spurt that saw the Vikings take a 72-69 lead with 7:45 left.
The Eagles grabbed the lead again, 74-73, on a three-point play by Benny Valentine with 4:38 to go.
But Portland State held Eastern Washington to just one field goal for more than four minutes, and Waters hit 5 of 6 from the line to put it away.
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 85
EASTERN WASH 77 FINAL
Jan 30 11:54 PM
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 40
EASTERN WASH 46 HALFTIME
Jan 30 10:51 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23
- Mustangs hope to end slide against undefeated Eagles Nov 22
- Eastern Washington's Hayford gets new five-year deal Jun 13