Louisville beats UConn 82-69Feb 2, 2010 - 2:29 AM By WILL GRAVES AP Sports Writer
LOUISVILLE, Ky.(AP) -- Edgar Sosa scored 15 points and handed out eight assists to lead Louisville past reeling Connecticut 82-69 on Monday night.
Jerry Smith added 14 points while Samardo Samuels chipped in 13 points as the Cardinals (14-8, 5-4 Big East) bounced back from a potentially devastating loss at West Virginia on Saturday with arguably their biggest win of the season.
Louisville never trailed and built a 19-point lead early in the second half before holding off a couple of mild runs by the Huskies.
Jerome Dyson led UConn (13-9, 3-6) with 18 points and Stanley Robinson had 14 points and 11 rebounds but the Huskies fell to 2-3 without coach Jim Calhoun, who is on indefinite medical leave. The Huskies have lost six of their last eight overall.
UConn shot just 38 percent from the field and turned it over 18 times to put a serious dent in their NCAA Tournament hopes.
- NCAA BB
LOUISVILLE 82 FINAL
Feb 1 9:09 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISVILLE 48 HALFTIME
Feb 1 8:03 PM
- UConn adds New York guard to 2016-17 recruiting class May 18
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- UConn to spend $10 million for new roof at Gampel Pavilion Mar 30
- Ellis, Kansas take another swing at unfriendly 2nd round Mar 18
- Ollie and 0: UConn's coach is 7 for 7 in NCAA Tourney games Mar 18
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1