Mississippi Valley St. beats Grambling St. 93-83Feb 2, 2010 - 5:40 AM ITTA BENA, Miss.(AP) -- Julius Cheeks scored 18 points to lead Mississippi Valley State to a 93-83 win over Grambling State on Monday night.
Darian Donald added 14 points for the Delta Devils (5-17, 4-5 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Grambling State (4-13, 2-7) was led by Donald Qualls, who scored 28 points on 8 of 24 shooting. Lance Fuertado added 23 points for the Tigers.
Mississippi Valley State shot 59.6 percent from the field (31-for-52) and 52.9 percent from 3-point range (9-for-17).
The Delta Devils outrebounded Grambling State 36-33, and their bench outscored the Tigers' 25-5. Grambling State shot 43.3 percent from the field (29-for-67) and shot 33.3 percent from beyond the arc (7-for-21).
The Delta Devils outscored the Tigers 54-40 in the second half.
- NCAA BB
MISS VALLEY ST 93 FINAL
Feb 1 11:04 PM
- NCAA BB
MISS VALLEY ST 39 HALFTIME
Feb 1 9:50 PM
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- TCU thumps Grambling State Dec 23
- Washington routs Grambling State Dec 18
- Tigers face tall task in clash with 16th-ranked Huskies Dec 17
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- Marquette beats Grambling State 114-71 Nov 13
- No. 17 Marquette entertains Grambling State Nov 12
- Oklahoma State routs MVSU Nov 9
- Cowboys set sights on Delta Devils in season opener Nov 8
- No. 24 Cincy crushes MVSU Nov 14