Georgia State knocks off George Mason 61-57Feb 4, 2010 - 2:24 AM ATLANTA(AP) -- Jihad Ali scored 22 points to lead Georgia State to a 61-57 victory over George Mason on Wednesday night, breaking the Panthers' three-game losing streak.
Ali's second 3-pointer in 4 minutes gave Georgia State (10-14, 4-8 Colonial Athletic Association) a 58-57 lead with 48 seconds left and the Panthers sealed the game at the free throw line.
George Mason (15-8, 10-2) didn't score after Mike Morrison's layup gave the Patriots a 57-53 lead with 2:52 to play to snap a seven-game winning streak. They went 0-for-5 from the field in the final 2:08.
Georgia State's Joe Dukes hit two free throws with 2:37 left to cut the deficit to 57-55.
Ali was 9-for-13 from the field and hit both of his 3-pointers in the final 4:28. Dukes finished with 10 points and 10 assists.
Ryan Pearson led George Mason with 13 points and eight rebounds and Luke Hancock added 10 points.
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 57
GEORGIA ST 61 FINAL
Feb 3 9:04 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 27
GEORGIA ST 22 HALFTIME
Feb 3 7:53 PM
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5