Wofford defeats Elon 72-56Feb 4, 2010 - 3:47 AM SPARTANBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Jamar Diggs scored 19 points and Wofford defeated Elon 72-56 on Wednesday night.
The Terriers (16-8, 8-3 Southern Conference) scored 20 points off 17 Phoenix turnovers, and scored 21 second-chance points, compared to seven by Elon.
Tim Johnson grabbed 14 rebounds for Wofford, which won the battle of the boards 37-28.
The Phoenix (4-17, 2-8) pulled within 27-25 on Adam Constantine's layup with 4:01 left. The Terriers then answered with a 9-0 run to end the half. Noah Dahlman's layup with 42 seconds left in the first half gave Wofford a 36-25 halftime advantage.
Dahlman finished with 16 points as the Terriers won for the ninth time in their last 10 games.
Constantine scored 17 for the Phoenix, who have lost 11 out of their last 12.
TJ Douglas added 11 points and Terrance Birdette chipped in 10 for Elon.
- NCAA BB
WOFFORD 72 FINAL
Feb 3 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
WOFFORD 36 HALFTIME
Feb 3 7:57 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- Okafor's big night carries Duke over Elon Dec 15
- Duke gets back to work against Elon Dec 15
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21