Scott's 13 lead Virginia past NC State 59-47Feb 4, 2010 - 2:09 AM By HANK KURZ Jr. AP Sports Writer
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.(AP) -- Mike Scott scored 15 points and Virginia held North Carolina State scoreless for more than 7 minutes on the way to a 59-47 victory Wednesday night.
Virginia (14-6, 5-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) regained a share of first place in the conference with No. 10 Duke, and completed a season sweep of the series with the Wolfpack.
North Carolina State (14-9, 2-6) led 28-25 at halftime, but managed just 19 points in the second half, none during a stretch when Virginia turned a 32-29 deficit into a 40-32 lead.
Richard Howell led N.C. State with 14 points and Tracy Smith had 12.
Mustapha Farrakhan added 11 points and Jerome Meyinsse 10 for Virginia, while Sylven Landesberg failed to score in double figures for the first time this season, finishing with seven. But Landesberg, who shot 2-for-10, did contribute a career-high nine assists.
- NCAA BB
NC STATE 47
VIRGINIA 59 FINAL
Feb 3 8:51 PM
- NCAA BB
NC STATE 28
VIRGINIA 25 HALFTIME
Feb 3 7:43 PM
- NC State's Anya opts out of draft, returns for senior season May 20
- NC State forward Abdul-Malik Abu pulls out of NBA Draft May 19
- NC State adds 7-foot Turkish center Omer Yurtseven May 16
- NC State's 1983 NCAA championship team to visit White House Apr 28
- Second-half collapse mars finish for Virginia's seniors Mar 28
- Top-seeded Virginia collapses late, loses 68-62 to Syracuse Mar 27
- Virginia knocking on door for Final Four Mar 27
- Styles clash in Sweet 16 match between Virginia, Iowa State Mar 24
- Twins Caleb and Cody Martin transferring from NC State Mar 24
- NC State junior Anthony 'Cat' Barber to remain in NBA draft Mar 22
- Virginia will have to prove defensive chops against Cyclones Mar 22
- Weekend of upsets leaves Virginia as Midwest favorite Mar 20