Tulsa defeats Marshall, 73-69Feb 4, 2010 - 3:34 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Jerome Jordan scored 24 points, including the final four points of the game, as Tulsa rallied to defeat Marshall 73-69.
Tulsa maintained a share of the Conference USA lead at 7-1 and moved to 18-4 overall, while Marshall dropped its fourth consecutive game and is 15-7 and 4-4 in the conference.
Tulsa trailed most of the game, including by 15 points in the first half, and Marshall led 69-67 with 1:23 to play on the final basket by Tyler Wilkerson, who had a career high 26 points and a team high seven rebounds.
With the score tied at 69, Jordan sank two free throws that gave Tulsa the lead with 23.7 seconds left, Uzoh blocked a driving shot by Shaquille Johnson. As Marshall attempted to foul, Bryson Pope found Jordan alone for the uncontested dunk to seal the outcome.
Stephen Idlet's jump hook gave Tulsa its first lead at 45-43 as the Hurricane opened the second half on a 17-6 run.
- NCAA BB
TULSA 73 FINAL
Feb 3 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MARSHALL 37 37
TULSA 28 28 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
MARSHALL - TYLER WILKERSON 11, SHAQUILLE JOHNSON 8,
HASSAN WHITESIDE 8
TULSA - JUSTIN HURTT 9, JEROME JORDAN 8,
STEVEN IDLET 5
Feb 3 8:49 PM
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Marshall assistant coach Chris Duhon suspended after arrest Nov 30
- Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Report: Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- No. 23 SMU uses late run to down Tulsa Feb 7
- Mustangs seek to weather storm against Golden Hurricane Feb 7
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8