Lamar defeats Central Arkansas, 73-65Feb 4, 2010 - 3:43 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- Justin Nabors scored 24 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as Lamar defeated Central Arkansas 73-65 in Southland Conference play on Wednesday night.
Nabors recorded his league leading 11th double-double on the season. Anthony Miles added 15 points and Charlie Harper had 11 for the Cardinals (12-11, 4-4).
Central Arkansas (7-15, 1-7) have now lost four-straight, and 7 of their last 8 games. Mitch Rueter led the Bears with 23 points. He was 4 of 6 from 3-point range. Chris Poellnitz and Tadre Sheppard came off the bench and scored 14 and 10 points, respectively.
Lamar extended their halftime lead to 10, 45-35, with 18:02 left in the second half. The Bears responded with a 12-3 run to make it 48-47 with 10:06 to play. The Bears would score 9 of the games final 12 points in the final 2-minutes to clinch the victory.
Lamar improves its home record to 11-2.
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL ARK 65
LAMAR 73 FINAL
Feb 3 9:52 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL ARK 28
LAMAR 39 HALFTIME
Feb 3 8:48 PM
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10