Cal State-Bakersfield tops Cal-Irvine 68-55Feb 4, 2010 - 5:53 AM BAKERSFIELD, Calif.(AP) -- Trent Blakley scored 20 points and Santwon Latunde had 17 points and 10 rebounds to lead Cal State-Bakersfield to a 68-55 victory over Cal-Irvine Wednesday night.
Stephon Carter scored 12 points for the Roadrunners (5-16), who shot 46 percent from the field in the nonconference game. Blakley, a senior, scored in double figures for the 25th consecutive game.
Cal State-Bakersfield used a 12-0 run late in the first half to take the lead for good. Cal-Irvine came within three points on two occasions but couldn't overtake the Roadrunners.
Eric Wise, with 18 points, was the only player in double figures for the Anteaters (9-14).
The teams meet again Saturday night in Irvine. Anteaters coach Pat Douglass led Bakersfield to three NCAA Division II titles in the 1990s.
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- No. 16 SDSU beats Bakersfield 51-27 Nov 21
- 16th-ranked Aztecs take on Roadrunners Nov 20
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- Anteaters face tall task in clash with undefeated Ducks Dec 17
- UC Irvine coach Turner lands contract extension Nov 7
- Gill leads Pacific to victory in Big West Conference final Mar 17