Walker jumper lifts Florida over Alabama 66-65Feb 5, 2010 - 2:49 AM TUSCALOOSA, Ala.(AP) -- Erving Walker scored 14 points in the second half, including a jumper with 11 seconds left, to lift Florida to a 66-65 victory over Alabama on Thursday night.
With the Gators (16-6, 5-3 Southeastern Conference) ahead 64-60 and 1:59 left, Anthony Brock stole the ball from Walker and scored on a three-point play. Mikhail Torrance's jumper gave the Crimson Tide (13-9, 3-5) a 65-64 lead with 42 seconds left.
Walker missed a jumper, but teammate Kenny Boynton grabbed the rebound. After a Florida timeout, Walker made next his shot to finish with 16 points. Torrance missed a layup with 3 seconds left and Alabama rebounded the ball. After a Crimson Tide timeout, Dan Werner slapped the inbounds pass downcourt as time expired to hand Alabama its third one-point SEC loss.
Alex Tyus had 19 points to lead the Gators.
Torrance had 22 points and five assists for Alabama.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA 33 33 66
ALABAMA 37 28 65 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: FLORIDA - ALEX TYUS 19, ERVING WALKER 16, KENNY
ALABAMA - MIKHAIL TORRANCE 22, JAMYCHAL GREEN 14,
TONY MITCHELL 10
Feb 4 9:04 PM
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA 37 HALFTIME
Feb 4 7:46 PM
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9