William & Mary rallies past Georgia State 59-56Feb 7, 2010 - 1:28 AM ATLANTA(AP) -- Quinn McDowell scored 17 points, including four free throws in the final 1:31, as William & Mary defeated Georgia State 59-56 on Saturday night.
The Tribe (16-7, 8-5 Colonial Athletic Association), trailed by as many as nine points and by six, 55-49, with 3:13 left.
A 3-pointer by Sean McCurdy, a free throw by David Schneider and two free throws by McDowell tied it at the 1:31 mark.
After Joe Dukes made one of two free throws to give the Panthers (10-15, 4-9) a 56-55 lead, a layup by Marcus Kitts put the Tribe ahead to stay, 57-56, with 27 seconds left, and McDowell added two more free throws.
Georgia State's Trae Goldston scored 12 of his 15 points in the first half. The Panthers shot 51.9 percent (14-for-27) in the half to lead 34-26 but cooled off to 32 percent (8-for-25) in the second.
Schneider added 15 points and 10 rebounds for William & Mary.
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 59
GEORGIA ST 56 FINAL
Feb 6 7:53 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 26
GEORGIA ST 34 HALFTIME
Feb 6 6:50 PM
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- Georgia State's Thomas declared ineligible Dec 8