Mississippi Valley State tops Alabama State 82-71Feb 7, 2010 - 2:38 AM ITTA BENA, Miss.(AP) -- Shannon Behling scored 19 points to pace Mississippi Valley State to an 82-71 win over Alabama State on Saturday.
Behling shot 9-for-10 from the free throw line and added seven rebounds for the Delta Devils (6-17, 5-5 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have won two games in a row. Cor-J Cox added 15 points for MVSU. The Delta Devils beat the Hornets for the second time this season, as they previously defeated Alabama State 76-73 on Jan. 9.
MVSU led 35-26 at halftime, and used two separate 6-0 runs in the second half to take a 49-32 lead with 13:29 remaining. The Hornets couldn't recover, and got no closer than seven points.
Menji Mundadi scored 28 points to lead Alabama State (9-12, 6-4), while Christopher Duncan scored a career-high 18 points in the loss.
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- Oklahoma State routs MVSU Nov 9
- Cowboys set sights on Delta Devils in season opener Nov 8
- No. 24 Cincy crushes MVSU Nov 14
- Delta Devils set to challenge 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 13
- Florida stomps Alabama State Nov 11
- Gators officially open season against visiting Hornets Nov 11
- WKU rallies from 16 down to beat MVSU Mar 13
- Hilltoppers and Delta Devils open up NCAA Tournament action Mar 13