Charlotte beats Fordham 77-72Feb 6, 2010 - 9:53 PM NEW YORK(AP) -- Derrio Green scored 24 points to lead Charlotte in a 77-72 win over Fordham on Saturday.
Shamari Spears chipped in with 15 points and 13 rebounds for the 49ers (18-5, 8-1 Atlantic 10 Conference), who have won their past seven games. An'Juan Wilderness added 13 points.
The 49ers trailed by 10 with 6:59 remaining, but used an 8-0 run to cut the Rams' lead to 59-57 with 5:25 left. A 3-pointer from Green gave Charlotte a 70-68 lead with 2:07 remaining, but Fahro Alihodzic's layup tied the score at 70.
Charlotte would go on to shoot 7-for-8 from the free-throw line to secure the win, and Fordham failed to score a field goal in the final minute.
Freshman Chris Gaston finished with 32 points, 12 rebounds and a career-high six assists to lead the Rams (2-19, 0-9). Fordham has lost 14 straight games, and hasn't won a game since their 93-77 win over Stony Brook on Dec. 8.
- NCAA BB
FORDHAM 72 FINAL
Feb 6 4:15 PM
- NCAA BB
FORDHAM 30 HALFTIME
Feb 6 2:57 PM
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Apr 29
- Price experiencing growing pains in 1st year with Charlotte Dec 24
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Mark Price named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 26
- Reports: Price to be named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 25
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- Major won't return as Charlotte coach Mar 15
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14
- Hurricanes hit 14 3s, hold off Charlotte Nov 26
- Charlotte and Miami do it again Nov 25