Quinnipiac defeats Sacred Heart 90-87Feb 6, 2010 - 11:38 PM HAMDEN, Conn.(AP) -- James Feldeine scored 18 of his 22 points in the second half as Quinnipiac held off Sacred Heart 90-87 on Saturday.
Jeremy Baker added 18 points, and Justin Rutty had a double-double with 16 points and 14 rebounds for the Bobcats (16-7, 10-2 Northeast Conference), who have won 10 of their past 11 games. The Bobcats are 9-0 at home this season.
The Bobcats won the game at the free throw line, making 45 of 52 attempts including six in a row in the final 2 minutes.
Sacred Heart pulled to within 83-30 on a 3-pointer by Corey Hassan with 1:51 to play, but the Bobcats hit four straight free throws to push the lead to 87-80 with 56 seconds remaining.
Jerrell Thompson led Pioneers (12-11, 5-7) with 30 points. Hassan added 16 points and 12 rebounds and eight assists, and Ryan Litke and Liam Potter each added 15 points for the Pioneers, which have lost four in a row.
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2015-16 season Jul 18
- Quinnipiac's Moore receives contract extension Apr 29
- Hokies beat Quinnipiac 81-61 in 1st round of NIT Mar 17
- Robert Morris 52, Quinnipiac 50 Mar 10