College of Charleston defeats Samford 75-54Feb 6, 2010 - 11:49 PM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 25 points and the College of Charleston defeated Samford 75-54 on Saturday.
The Cougars (16-8, 11-2 Southern Conference) shot 42.9 percent from 3-point range (18 of 42) to improve to 10-0 against Samford in a series dating back to Jan. 3, 1994.
Goudelock was 7 of 13 from 3-point range, and Tony White Jr. scored all 15 of his points on 5-of-10 shooting from behind the arc.
The Cougars started out with a 13-2 lead and led the entire contest. Goudelock gave the College of Charleston its biggest lead, 50-24, on a 3-pointer with 13:30 remaining.
Donavan Monroe added 12 points for the Cougars.
Trey Montgomery was the only Samford player in double figures with 23 points. The Bulldogs (9-15, 3-9) shot 20.8 percent from 3-point range (5 of 24) and 58.3 percent from the free throw line (7 of 12).
- Samford coach Padgett signs 4-year extension Mar 6
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Samford tabs Padgett new head coach Jun 6
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12
- Cat fight in SoCon title game has Charleston battling Davidson Mar 11
- Louisville has easy time with College of Charleston Dec 5