Burrus scores 18, Liberty edges Presbyterian 60-57Feb 7, 2010 - 3:46 AM LYNCHBURG, Va.(AP) -- Antwan Burrus scored 18 points, including two free throws with 28 seconds left, and Liberty held on to defeat Presbyterian 60-57 on Saturday night.
Jesse Sanders' jumper with 4:13 remaining gave the Flames (12-12, 7-5 Big South Conference) a 55-53 lead that they never relinquished.
After Burrus' free throws widened the lead to four, 59-55, Jake Troyli missed a 3-pointer for the Blue Hose (4-21, 2-11). A turnover gave them the ball back and Walt Allen's layup made it 59-57, but he failed to convert his free throw.
Presbyterian got the ball once more after Liberty's Carter McMasters made one of two free throws, but Allen missed a 3-pointer with two seconds left.
Troyli scored 20 points and Chase Holmes 15 for Presbyterian, which outshot Liberty 53.3 percent (24-for-45) to 47.7 percent (21-for-44), but was just 2-for-5 on free throws to Liberty's 12-for-15.
- NCAA BB
LIBERTY 60 FINAL
Feb 6 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
LIBERTY 32 HALFTIME
Feb 6 7:46 PM
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18
- Late trey lifts Presbyterian to upset win over No. 20 Cincinnati Nov 19
- Blue Hose face tall task in clash with 20th-ranked Bearcats Nov 19