Cornell beats Brown 74-60, reaches 20 winsFeb 7, 2010 - 2:22 AM ITHACA, N.Y.(AP) -- Jeff Foote had 17 points and nine rebounds and Cornell reached 20 victories for the third consecutive season with a 74-60 victory over Brown on Saturday night.
Louis Dale and Ryan Wittman added 14 points each for the Big Red (20-3, 6-0 Ivy League), who won their eighth consecutive game.
Brown (7-16, 1-5) pulled within 58-56 on Matt Mullery's layup with 7:32 to play, but Cornell closed the game with a 16-4 run. Wittman's 3-pointer gave the Big Red a 65-56 lead with 6:19 to play and Foote's jumper pushed it to 69-58 with 3:51 left.
Cornell trailed for the first time since Jan. 8 when Brown's Peter Sullivan converted a three-point play for a 12-9 lead with 16:03 left in the first half.
Chris Wroblewski added 10 points for Cornell.
Mullery finished with 21 and became the 23rd player in program history to score 1,000 or more points. Tucker Halpern added 14 points.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6