UTSA defeats Southeastern Louisiana, 64-57Feb 6, 2010 - 10:32 PM SAN ANTONIO(AP) -- Demarco Stepter scored 15 points as UTSA defeated Southeastern Louisiana, 64-57, in Southland Conference play on Saturday.
UTSA (13-8, 3-5) held a 37-28 lead at the half. Southeastern Louisiana (13-9, 5-4) cut the lead down to just four points at 49-45 with 9:38 left to play. UTSA would go on a 6-0 run from there to push their lead to 55-45, the largest of the game, and would not be threatened down the stretch.
Terry Fields had 14 points, six rebounds, and four assists for the Roadrunners.
The Lions were led by Patrick Sullivan's game-high 19 points. Jason Marks added 13 points.
The Lions struggled from long range making just 2 of 17 (11.8 percent) from 3. The Roadrunners made 7 of 15 (46.7 percent) from 3.
This snaps a three-game winning streak for the Lions and ends the Roadrunners five-game losing streak.
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- UTSA extends Thompson through 2016-17 Jul 26
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern Louisiana Nov 11