Coppin State beats Florida A&M 70-44Feb 9, 2010 - 4:20 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Kareem Brown scored 18 points and Ceslovas Kucinskas grabbed 12 rebounds, leading Coppin State in a 70-44 rout of Florida A&M on Monday night.
Lenny Young added 13 points and Branden Doughty had 11 for the Eagles (6-16, 1-9 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who snapped a 13-game losing streak.
Brown hit four 3-pointers and Young nailed three more for the Eagles, who finished 7-for-20 from beyond the arc (35 percent). The Rattlers were just 2-for-20 from long range (10 percent).
The Eagles also finished 15-for-19 for the free throw line (78.9 percent) compared to just a 10-for-20 performance (50 percent) from Florida A&M.
Coppin State led by five points at the half, but outscored the Rattlers 34-15 to seal it in the second.
Larry Jackson was the lone player in double figures for the Rattlers (5-18, 2-8), scoring 13 points.
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- No. 1 Indiana rolls over Coppin State Dec 2
- No. 1 Indiana plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 24 Illinois races past Coppin State Dec 11
- Coppin State seeks upset of No. 24 Illinois Dec 11
- Napier's triple-double leads UConn past Coppin State Nov 20
- Coppin State pays visit to No. 4 UConn Nov 20