Alabama A&M defeats MVSU 77-69Feb 9, 2010 - 4:39 AM ITTA BENNA, Miss.(AP) -- Jonathan Inman scored 20 points in 23 minutes and Alabama A&M defeated Mississippi Valley State 77-69 on Monday night.
Inman led four Bulldogs' player in double figures, as they snapped a two-game losing streak.
Evan Hilton, who was 4 of 5 from the field, scored 15 points, Bo Amusa added 13 points and Casey Cantey chipped in 11 for Alabama A&M (8-11, 5-6 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
The Bulldogs shot 49 percent from the field (25 of 51), while holding the Delta Devils (4-17, 3-5) to 41.1 percent shooting (23 of 56).
Alabama A&M scored 10 points off 12 Mississippi Valley State turnovers, and led by as many as 14 points, 57-43, on Adam Young's layup with 10:10 remaining.
Julius Cheeks scored 18 points for the Delta Devils, and Amos Studivant had a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Cor-J Cox added 15 points for Mississippi Valley State.
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA A&M 77
MISS VALLEY ST 69 FINAL
Feb 8 10:47 PM
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA A&M 36
MISS VALLEY ST 30 HALFTIME
Feb 8 9:43 PM
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- New Mexico opens with easy win over Alabama A&M Nov 10
- Lobos open season against visiting Bulldogs Nov 9
- Oklahoma State routs MVSU Nov 9
- Cowboys set sights on Delta Devils in season opener Nov 8
- No. 24 Cincy crushes MVSU Nov 14
- Delta Devils set to challenge 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 13
- WKU rallies from 16 down to beat MVSU Mar 13
- Hilltoppers and Delta Devils open up NCAA Tournament action Mar 13