Bowling Green defeats Northern Illinois 73-69Feb 11, 2010 - 2:54 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio(AP) -- Scott Thomas scored 26 points and Bowling Green rallied to defeat Northern Illinois 73-69 on Wednesday night.
The Falcons (12-11, 5-6 Mid-American Conference) had 14 turnovers in the first half, compared to just five in the second.
Northern Illinois (8-15, 4-7) led 65-64 with 1:24 to go, and Bowling Green pulled away with seven straight points. Thomas capped the run with two free throws with 18 seconds to give the Falcons a 71-65 lead.
The Huskies used a 15-0 run at the end of the first half to lead 34-25 with 1:22 left, and built a 38-27 lead at the half.
Northern Illinois scored 31 points from its bench in the first half and was limited to 17 in the second.
Otis Polk had 11 points and 11 rebounds and Dee Brown chipped in 14 points for Bowling Green.
Sean Kovan scored 18 points and Michael Patton 17 for the Huskies, who lost their seventh straight.
- NCAA BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 69
BOWLING GREEN 73 FINAL
Feb 10 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 38
BOWLING GREEN 27 HALFTIME
Feb 10 7:51 PM
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31
- No. 22 UMass crushes Northern Illinois Dec 14
- Minutemen get back to work as they host Huskies Dec 14