Quinnipiac beats St. Francis 77-65Feb 12, 2010 - 2:57 AM HAMDEN, Conn.(AP) -- James Johnson and Justin Rutty scored 17 points apiece, and Jonathan Cruz tallied a double-double, leading Quinnipiac over St. Francis (N.Y.) 77-65 on Thursday night.
Cruz scored 16 points and pulled down 10 rebounds for the Bobcats (17-7, 11-2 Northeast Conference), who have won three in a row and 10 of their last 11 games.
The Bobcats shot 35.7 percent from beyond the arc (5-for-14) compared to a 20.8 mark (5-for-24) for the Terriers. Quinnipiac also won the battle of the boards with a 36-21 advantage.
St. Francis jumped out to a 16-9 lead, but Rutty's layup sparked a 34-13 run until halftime and the Bobcats never trailed again. They led by 14 at halftime and held on despite being outscored 36-34 by St. Francis in the second.
Akeem Bennett and Akeem Johnson scored 14 points apiece for the Terriers (10-14, 7-6).
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2015-16 season Jul 18
- Quinnipiac's Moore receives contract extension Apr 29