Oakland, Mich., dominates Southern Utah 85-72Feb 12, 2010 - 4:22 AM CEDAR CITY, Utah(AP) -- Drew Maynard and Will Hudson scored 17 points apiece to lead Oakland, Mich., to an 85-72 victory over Southern Utah on Thursday night.
Maynard was 7 of 11 with three 3-pointers and scored all his points in the first half for the Golden Grizzlies (19-8, 13-1 Summit League), who led 61-40 at intermission. That total was the third best for any half in Oakland's Division I era.
Hudson added 15 in the first half as league-leading Oakland won its fourth in a row and 13th in the last 14.
The Thunderbirds (6-18, 2-11) lost their third in a row but placed five players in double figures: Jake Nielson with 17, Davis Baker with 14, Jackson Stevenett with 13, Matt Massey with 11 and Damon Heuir with 10. Baker reached double digits for the 20th time this season.
Oakland's Johnathon Jones handed out seven assists.
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Saint Mary's rolls over Southern Utah 92-36 Dec 17
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15
- Oakland pays visit to No. 14 Iowa State Nov 14
- Oakland's Bader sets NCAA 3-point mark Feb 2