VMI outlasts High Point 91-84Feb 17, 2010 - 3:30 AM LEXINGTON, Va.(AP) -- Austin Kenon scored a career-high 38 points, including six 3-pointers, as Virginia Military Institute defeated High Point 91-84 on Tuesday night.
Kenon finished 9-for-18 from the floor and went 14-for-15 from the foul line for the Keydets (10-16, 5-11 Big South Conference), who shot 73.7 percent from the stripe (28-for-38). The Panthers posted a 57.9 mark from the line (11-for-19).
Kenon, a 1,000-point scorer in his career at VMI, will enter the notoriously high-scoring school's top 20 for career points with his next basket.
Up 87-82 with 25 seconds left, Kenon drained four free throws to ice it for VMI.
Nick Barbour scored 21 points for the Panthers (13-13, 8-7). Cruz Daniels scored 18 points and had 12 rebounds and freshman Corey Law had 13 points and 13 rebounds - the first time the Panthers had two players with double-doubles in the same game this season.
- NCAA BB
HIGH POINT 84
VMI 91 FINAL
Feb 16 9:06 PM
- NCAA BB
HIGH POINT 35
VMI 40 HALFTIME
Feb 16 8:01 PM
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- VMI introduces Earl as new men's hoops coach Apr 13
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- No. 21 West Virginia routs VMI Nov 27
- Mountaineers continue run against Keydets Nov 26
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Asheville downs VMI for 2nd straight Big South title Mar 3
- Keydets and Bulldogs meet in Big South title tilt Mar 3
- Pittsburgh dominates VMI Dec 6