Rhode Island routs Fordham 101-75Feb 21, 2010 - 12:02 AM KINGSTON, R.I.(AP) -- Akeem Richmond scored 20 points to lead Rhode Island to a 101-75 win over Fordham on Saturday.
Lamonte Ulmer and Will Martell added 18 points apiece for Rhode Island (20-6, 8-5 Atlantic 10 Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak. Rhode Island swept the season series against Fordham, having previously beaten them 85-67 on Jan. 16.
Rhode Island took control from the very start, as they opened the game with a 19-2 lead. Rhode Island would go on to lead by as many as 34 points in the first half, as Ben Eaves' jumper made the score 57-23 with 1:39 left.
Rhode Island led 58-28 at halftime, and Fordham trailed by at least 19 points for the entire second half.
Rhode Island shot 57.9 percent from the field in the first half (22-for-38), while Fordham shot 36.7 percent (11-for-30).
Chris Gaston finished with 32 points and 10 rebounds for Fordham (2-23, 0-13).
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Rhode Island guard E.C. Matthews out for season Nov 14
- Hurley has new deal at Rhode Island Apr 2
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- No. 17 VCU rallies to down Rhode Island Jan 13
- VCU and Rhode Island lock horns in A-10 tussle Jan 13
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14
- Kansas beats URI to move on in Orlando Nov 27
- Rams butt heads with Jayhawks in Orlando Classic Nov 27
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska in OT Nov 23