Louisville beats Connecticut 78-76 on Sosa's layupFeb 28, 2010 - 9:25 PM By PAT EATON-ROBB Associated Press Writer
STORRS, Conn.(AP) -- Edgar Sosa's driving layup with 8 seconds left gave Louisville a 78-76 victory over Connecticut on Sunday, adding another conference road win to the Cardinals' NCAA tournament resume.
Samardo Samuels led four Cardinals in double figures with 14 points. Jerry Smith and Preston Knowles each had 12 and Kyle Kuric added 10 for Louisville (19-10, 10-6 Big East).
The Cardinals have won six of their past eight, starting with a win over UConn on Feb. 1.
Kemba Walker led UConn with 28, but his drive to the basket in the final seconds was stuffed by Samuels to preserve the win.
UConn seniors Gavin Edwards (17), Stanley Robinson (14) and Jerome Dyson (13) also scored in double figures in their final home game.
- NCAA BB
CONNECTICUT 76 FINAL
Feb 28 4:08 PM
- NCAA BB
CONNECTICUT 45 HALFTIME
Feb 28 2:57 PM
- UConn adds New York guard to 2016-17 recruiting class May 18
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- UConn to spend $10 million for new roof at Gampel Pavilion Mar 30
- Ellis, Kansas take another swing at unfriendly 2nd round Mar 18
- Ollie and 0: UConn's coach is 7 for 7 in NCAA Tourney games Mar 18
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1