Florida State claims 51-47 win against Wake ForestMar 4, 2010 - 7:54 PM By BRENT KALLESTAD Associated Press Writer
TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Freshman Michael Snaer scored 14 points, including two game-clinching free throws with 4 seconds left, to lead Florida State to a 51-47 win over Wake Forest on Wednesday night.
The win kept the Seminoles (21-8, 9-6 Atlantic Coast Conference) in a third place tie with Clemson and Virginia Tech going into the final weekend of regular season play. The top four finishers have an opening round bye in next week's conference tournament.
Meanwhile, Wake Forest (18-9, 8-7) dropped its fourth straight game and is in danger of losing a bye.
Ishmael Smith led Wake Forest with 14 points and CJ Harris had 12. The Demon Deacons leading scorer and the ACC's top rebounder, Al-Farouq Aminu, was held scoreless for the first time in his career.
- NCAA BB
WAKE FOREST 47
FLORIDA ST 51 FINAL
Mar 3 9:14 PM
- NCAA BB
WAKE FOREST 25
FLORIDA ST 31 HALFTIME
Mar 3 7:56 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Wake Forest adds 2nd grad transfer, Matt Williams from UCF Apr 27
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Wake adds grad transfer Austin Arians from Milwaukee Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Florida State hope lessons learned will pay off next season Mar 18
- Manning: 2 Wake Forest men's basketball players to transfer Mar 15
- FSU's Beacon and Beasley focused on NIT, not NBA Mar 14