Hofstra knocks off Northeastern 73-62Feb 24, 2010 - 4:26 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Charles Jenkins scored 20 points to lead Hofstra to a 73-62 victory over Northeastern on Tuesday night.
Halil Kanacevic added 16 points and 11 rebounds and the Pride (17-13, 9-8 Colonial Athletic Association) outscored Northeastern 12-1 in the final 2:58 to break a 61-61 tie.
Jenkins scored on a layup for a 63-61 lead and Greg Washington grabbed an offensive rebound and scored to push the advantage to 65-61 with 2:31 left.
Jenkins, who added eight points and seven assists, scored on a jumper with 1:09 remaining before Hofstra finished the scoring from the free throw line.
Northeastern (18-11, 13-4) shot just 28 percent from the field (7-for-25) and missed all six of its 3-point attempts in the second half.
Cornelius Vines and Chaz Williams had 12 points each for Hofstra.
Nkem Ojougboh scored 15 points and Matt Janning added 12 for Northeastern.
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- SMU-Hofstra game postponed Dec 6
- Louisville breezes past Hofstra Nov 12
- Pride come calling on third-ranked Cardinals Nov 12
- Hofstra hires Mihalich Apr 10