Wright leads Oakland, Mich., past Seattle 77-68Dec 18, 2009 - 5:26 AM SEATTLE(AP) -- Larry Wright had 21 points and converted four clutch free throws down the stretch as Oakland, Mich., beat Seattle 77-68 on Thursday night.
Wright hit a fall-away baseline jumper with 3:52 left and drew a foul from Seattle's Charles Garcia to pull within one point and get Garcia to foul out.
The 3-point play tied the game 67-67.
Keith Benson then gave Oakland its first lead since the early stages of the second half.
Wright then hit four straight free throws and came down with a crucial defensive rebound to help Oakland pull away late.
Garcia, who entered the game averaging 25.0 points per game, was held to five.
Cervante Burrell and Chris Gweth each scored 14 to lead the Redhawks.
- NCAA BB
SEATTLE 68 FINAL
Dec 18 12:13 AM
- NCAA BB
SEATTLE 33 HALFTIME
Dec 17 11:03 PM
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15