Bolding's 32 lead Dukes past Fordham 111-100Mar 6, 2010 - 2:07 AM By ALAN ROBINSON AP Sports Writer
PITTSBURGH(AP) -- Melquan Bolding scored 32 points and Duquesne shook off a playground game-like pace and a second-half deficit to beat Fordham 111-100 on Friday, making the Rams the first Atlantic 10 team in 17 years to lose every conference game.
Brenton Butler scored 29 points, Chris Gaston had 21 and Alberto Estwick added 20, but Fordham (2-26, 0-16) - which hasn't won since Dec. 8 - lost its 21st in a row overall and finished 0-16 in the Atlantic 10. The last A-10 team to go winless during a conference season was St. Bonaventure in 1992-93, when the league had eight teams.
Eric Evans added 23 points and Bill Clark had 20 for Duquesne (16-14, 7-9), which still could play a first-round conference tournament home game. The Dukes need Charlotte, Massachusetts and Xavier to win home games on Saturday to host a game on Tuesday.
- NCAA BB
DUQUESNE 111 FINAL
Mar 5 2:02 PM
- NCAA BB
DUQUESNE 52 HALFTIME
Mar 5 12:57 PM
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14
- Duquesne stuns Saint Louis Feb 28
- Billikens look forward to big night against visiting Dukes Feb 27
- Williams helps UMass thump Fordham Jan 26