No. 25 Dayton beats Illinois-Chicago 73-46Dec 1, 2009 - 3:47 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Kendel Ross scored 16 points, Justine Ratermann added 12 and Dayton celebrated its first ranking in the women's basketball poll with a 73-46 victory over Illinois-Chicago on Monday night.
The No. 25 Flyers (6-1) never trailed in winning their fifth straight - all on the road.
Dayton sprinted to a 13-2 lead while the Flames (1-5) shot 1 of 15 from the field. The Flyers led 37-22 at halftime, extended the advantage to 25 points on Brittany Wilson's bank shot at the 13:47 mark and used a 9-2 run to open a 69-40 cushion with 4:14 to play.
Shameia Green paced Illinois-Chicago with nine points.
Dayton cracked the Top 25 this week following November victories over Michigan State and Purdue.
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66 Nov 29
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66 Nov 28
- UConn shakes Dayton, advances to another Final Four Mar 31
- Dayton upsets Louisville to advance to Elite Eight Mar 28
- Malott, Dayton knock off Kentucky Mar 22
- Dayton handles Iowa State Mar 20
- Flyers foiled by Florida in first round Mar 23
- Dayton's Austria has successful knee surgery Feb 17
- Dayton's Jabir rewarded with extension Apr 17
- Mathies bounces back as Kentucky thumps Dayton Mar 26
- Dayton prevails in double overtime to down St. John's Mar 24
- Second half surge lifts Arkansas over Dayton Mar 17