Ross leads No. 20 Dayton past Miami (Ohio), 84-75Dec 12, 2009 - 9:32 PM By JEFF GILBERT Associated Press Writer
OXFORD, Ohio(AP) -- Kendel Ross scored a career-high 29 points and No. 20 Dayton rebounded from its first loss as a ranked team with an 84-75 victory over Miami of Ohio on Saturday.
Ross' 3-pointer gave Dayton (9-2) its largest lead, 71-58 with 3:44 to play. Miami (1-8) was difficult to put away, but the Flyers kept their lead between eight and 12 points in the final minutes with free throws and layups against the RedHawks' gambling defense.
Dayton, ranked for the first time two weeks ago, had its seven-game winning streak snapped at Toledo on Wednesday.
Dayton freshman Kari Daugherty also had a career high with 19 points off the bench. Center Casey Nance added 10 points and 10 rebounds. Ross had 10 rebounds and Justine Raterman added 11 rebounds as Dayton dominated the boards 51-31.
The young RedHawks were led by freshman point guard Courtney Osborn's 19 points.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
DAYTON (20) 84
MIAMI OH 75 FINAL
Dec 12 4:08 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
DAYTON (20) 41
MIAMI OH 34 HALFTIME
Dec 12 2:55 PM
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66 Nov 29
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66 Nov 28
- UConn shakes Dayton, advances to another Final Four Mar 31
- Dayton upsets Louisville to advance to Elite Eight Mar 28
- Malott, Dayton knock off Kentucky Mar 22
- Dayton handles Iowa State Mar 20
- Flyers foiled by Florida in first round Mar 23
- Dayton's Austria has successful knee surgery Feb 17
- Dayton's Jabir rewarded with extension Apr 17
- Mathies bounces back as Kentucky thumps Dayton Mar 26
- Dayton prevails in double overtime to down St. John's Mar 24
- Second half surge lifts Arkansas over Dayton Mar 17