Houts dominates as No. Georgia tops Arkansas 73-63Jan 17, 2010 - 11:01 PM FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.(AP) -- The way Arkansas coach Tom Collen sees it, one player might be the only difference between his team and No. 6 Georgia.
Ashley Houts had 16 points, nine assists and eight rebounds, and Georgia rebounded from its first loss of the season with a 73-63 win over Arkansas on Sunday.
"You take Ashley Houts and put her on our team, I don't think we're as good as Georgia," Collen said. "But we're missing such a small part that if you put Ashley Houts on our team, we're an NCAA tournament team."
The Lady Bulldogs (17-1, 4-1 Southeastern Conference), who were handed a 22-point loss Thursday at Vanderbilt, broke open a close game late in the first half and put things away for good with a 16-2 run in the second.
"I'm really, really pleased with our team in light of the fact we didn't play well on Thursday night and suffered our first loss," Georgia coach Andy Landers said. "And to see them handle all of that and come out sharp and play with some enthusiasm, we needed that."
Jasmine Hassell added 14 points and Meredith Mitchell had 11 for Georgia, which forced Arkansas (8-10, 0-5) into 11 turnovers and held the Razorbacks to just 28.4 shooting.
"We weren't executing right and tonight that's why we weren't getting the best shots," Arkansas sophomore Lyndsay Harris said. "It was really our execution more than anything else."
Harris scored 17 points, while Charity Ford added 12 on 3-of-15 shooting for Arkansas.
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Tennessee women beat Arkansas 68-51 to bolster NCAA resume Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- No. 16 Kentucky women beat Arkansas 77-63 Feb 21
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- Warlick wins 100th as No. 23 Lady Vols beat Arkansas 75-57 Feb 4
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4