Georgia upends No. 10 KentuckyJan 9, 2011 - 10:58 PM Lexington, KY (Sports Network) - Khaalidah Miller notched a game-high 24 points and Ronika Ransford hit a key bucket with 1:28 to play as Georgia upended No. 10 Kentucky, 61-59, at Memorial Coliseum.
Porsha Phillips and Meredith Mitchell added 13 points apiece for the Bulldogs (12-3, 2-0 SEC), winners in six of seven.
Victoria Dunlap scored 17 points with nine rebounds for the Wildcats (11-4, 0-2), who have lost three in a row. A'dia Mathies added 14 points and nine rebounds in defeat.
Ransford hit her shot to give Georgia a 61-58 advantage, and Kentucky didn't answer until Dunlap hit 1-of-2 from the line with 34 seconds remaining. Ransford turned the ball over but Mathies missed a layup, and chaos ensued in the final seconds with each team committing another gaffe each.
After a missed free throw by Ransford, Mathies couldn't connect with a jumper as time expired.
- GEORGIA: 61
Jan 9 4:14 PM
- GEORGIA: 33
Jan 9 2:57 PM
- GEORGIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 9 2:08 PM
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20