No. 3 Duke stays unbeaten with win over No. 21 Florida StateJan 15, 2011 - 2:44 AM Tallahassee, FL (Sports Network) - Jasmine Thomas poured in 22 points, pulled down nine rebounds and dished out eight assists, as the third-ranked Duke Blue Devils remained unbeaten with an 87-70 victory over the 21st-ranked Florida State Seminoles.
Thomas moved into ninth place on Duke's all-time scoring list (1,414 points).
Haley Peters and Tricia Liston each chipped in with 15 points for the Blue Devils (16-0, 2-0 ACC), who are off to a 16-0 start for the fourth time in school history -- 2006-07 (30-0), 2005-06 (20-0), 2002-03 (20-0).
Chelsea Gray donated 13 points for Duke, which played the third of three consecutive games against ranked opponents.
Courtney Ward made 6-of-9 three-pointers en route to 25 points for the Seminoles (14-4, 2-1), who fell to 1-3 against ranked foes this year.
Alexa Deluzio and Natasha Howard donated 17 and 14 points, respectively, for Florida State, which saw a five-game winning streak come to an end.
- DUKE: 87
FLORIDA STATE: 70
Jan 14 8:26 PM
- DUKE: 40
FLORIDA STATE: 30
Jan 14 7:19 PM
- DUKE: 0
FLORIDA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 14 6:36 PM
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20