Harris helps Xavier edge Dayton in OTFeb 5, 2011 - 10:00 PM Dayton, OH (Sports Network) - Amber Harris' three-point play with 55 seconds left in overtime put Xavier in front, and she later made two free throws to secure the seventh-ranked Musketeers' 70-66 victory over Dayton.
Harris finished with 16 points for Xavier (19-2, 8-0 A-10), which has won nine in a row and recorded another close victory against its in-state rival. The Musketeers pulled out a 63-59 win against Dayton on January 9, thanks to 23 points from Harris.
Special Jennings led the Musketeers on Saturday with 19 points, eight assists, and six rebounds, while Ta'Shia Phillips added 13 points. Tyeasha Moss added 10 rebounds and eight points.
Justine Raterman posted 25 points and seven rebounds for the Flyers (15-8, 6-3), who had won five in a row.
Xavier held a 23-20 edge at halftime and expanded its lead to 38-29 with 13 minutes left in regulation. But Raterman followed with a jumper and a three- pointer, and Dayton stayed close down the stretch.
Raterman hit another three with 4:18 to play, bringing the Flyers within 54-53. They then pulled ahead with 1:14 left, when Patrice Lalor sank a three for a 60-57 edge, but Xavier's Katie Rutan drilled a shot from beyond the arc several possessions later to force overtime.
After Harris' three-point play gave Xavier a 67-64 edge, Dayton's Kristin Daugherty missed a jumper and Jennings made 1-of-2 free throws. Lalor got to the line with 16 seconds remaining and sank both attempts, trimming the Flyers' deficit to 68-66, but Harris went 2-for-2 moments later to seal the outcome.
- XAVIER: 70
Final - OT
Feb 5 4:04 PM
- XAVIER: 60
End of Regulation
Feb 5 3:49 PM
- XAVIER: 23
Feb 5 2:47 PM
- XAVIER: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 5 2:07 PM
- No. 23 DePaul women beat Xavier 82-52 Feb 12
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66 Nov 29
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66 Nov 28
- UConn shakes Dayton, advances to another Final Four Mar 31
- Dayton upsets Louisville to advance to Elite Eight Mar 28
- Malott, Dayton knock off Kentucky Mar 22
- Dayton handles Iowa State Mar 20
- Flyers foiled by Florida in first round Mar 23
- Dayton's Austria has successful knee surgery Feb 17
- Dayton's Jabir rewarded with extension Apr 17
- Mathies bounces back as Kentucky thumps Dayton Mar 26
- Dayton prevails in double overtime to down St. John's Mar 24