Duke has easy time with Wake to move into ACC semisMar 4, 2011 - 10:53 PM Greensboro, NC (Sports Network) - Richa Jackson totaled a season-high 15 points and grabbed five rebounds to lead Duke in a 79-50 trouncing of Wake Forest in the quarterfinals of the ACC Tournament.
Haley Peters added 11 points and six boards while Chelsea Gray provided 10 points and four assists for the Blue Devils (27-3), who face Georgia Tech in the semifinals.
Sandra Garcia led all scorers with 19 points and added seven rebounds. Senior Brittany Waters collected 11 points, seven rebounds and three assists in her last game for the Demon Deacons (15-17), who lost a 35th straight meeting to Duke.
Peters, Jackson and Jasmine Thomas hit layups to finish a 15-0 run that built the Blue Devils advantage to 30-11 with just over six minutes left in the first half.
Duke led 37-19 at halftime and pushed the margin to 57-35 on two Gray foul shots with nine minutes left. Wake Forest never got closer than 20 the rest of the way and has still never won multiple games in the same conference tourney.
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- Turner's double-double leads No. 2 Irish past Wake Forest Feb 18
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1