4-OT record-breaker: Kentucky women beat BaylorDec 7, 2013 - 5:06 AM Arlington, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - Jennifer O'Neill scored a school-record 43 points and fifth-ranked Kentucky outlasted No. 9 Baylor, 133-130, in the highest-scoring Division I women's game in history.
Janee Thompson totaled 20 points for Kentucky, and DeNesha Stallworth added 16 points and nine rebounds.
It was the second win for Kentucky (9-0) over a top-10 win in six days. The Wildcats upended Louisville on Sunday.
Baylor (7-1) had a career-best 47 points from Odyssey Sims, but she fouled out with 1:23 left in the first overtime. Makenzie Robertson had 23 points and Nina Davis ended with 20 points and 11 rebounds for the Lady Bears in the game at AT&T Stadium.
In the opener of a doubleheader between the schools, with the men's teams completing the nightcap, the women put up some incredible statistics. Baylor held a 68-56 rebounding advantage. There were 80 total fouls. Seven players from Baylor fouled out. The teams combined for 112 free throws, 66 for the Wildcats.
Kentucky was ahead by as many as 12 points with just over eight minutes left in regulation, but one free throw from O'Neill with 49 seconds left forced the first OT with the game tied at 90.
Imani Wright's 3-pointer for Baylor and then a missed shot from O'Neill sent the game to a second extra session even at 104.
Kastine Evans drained a jumper for the Wildcats to even the contest at 114 in the waning seconds of the second OT.
Robertson missed a shot in the lane to cap the third overtime tied at 124.
O'Neill's layup gave Kentucky the lead for good with 1:42 left in the final OT, but the win wasn't secured until Alexis Prince's 3-point try from the right wing went in-and-out of the hoop as time expired.
- KENTUCKY: 133
Final - 4OT
Dec 6 10:50 PM
- KENTUCKY: 124
End of 3OT
Dec 6 10:34 PM
- KENTUCKY: 114
End of 2OT
Dec 6 10:22 PM
- KENTUCKY: 104
End of OT
Dec 6 10:05 PM
- KENTUCKY: 90
End of Regulation
Dec 6 9:46 PM
- KENTUCKY: 44
Dec 6 8:23 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 6 7:34 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25