Given, Holt help Middle Tennessee upset No. 8 GeorgiaDec 8, 2006 - 5:42 AM ATHENS, Georgia (Ticker) -- Chrissy Givens and Amber Holt gave Georgia all it could handle.
Givens scored 25 points and Holt chipped in 21 as Middle Tennessee stunned the eighth-ranked Bulldogs with a 70-62 triumph in a non-conference battle.
The 1-2 punch of Given and Holt combined to make 20-of-38 shots from the floor and pulled down nine rebounds.
"We made some shots down the stretch, and Amber and Chrissy just came up big," Blue Raiders coach Rick Insell said. "I'm so proud of our team and their effort and very proud to be a part of this program."
In the second half, Middle Tennessee shot 54 percent (15-of-30) to grab a 37-31 advantage and held Georgia to just 2-of-9 shooting on 3-pointers.
LaCondra Mason scored nine points off the bench for the Blue Raiders (6-3), who shot 44 percent (29-of-65) overall and forced 22 turnovers.
Cori Chambers scored 23 points for Georgia (7-1), which shot 51 percent (24-of-47).
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19
- Middle Tennessee-Florida St. Preview Mar 18
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Middle Tennessee women beat Old Dominion in C-USA title game Mar 13
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4