Vandiver leads Wyoming past DenverDec 1, 2007 - 11:51 PM LARAMIE, Wyoming (Ticker) -- Aubrey Vandiver had 25 points and 12 rebounds as No. 24 Wyoming recovered from a slow start to defeat Denver, 61-45, on Saturday.
Wyoming missed its first seven shots and trailed, 8-0, just over five minutes into the contest. The Cowgirls, who trailed by three points at the break, used a 17-5 run to open the second half to take a 34-25 lead with 15:03 to play.
Jodi Bolerjack had 15 points and Hanna Zavecz added 11 points, nine rebounds and seven assists for Wyoming (6-0), which outrebounded Denver, 36-26.
Alisha Godette had 17 points to lead the Pioneers (2-3), who committed 18 turnovers and shot 3-of-12 from the arc.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DENVER 20 25 45
WYOMING (24) 17 44 61 FINAL
Dec 1 6:05 PM
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52 Nov 27
- Denver names Cremeans women's basketball coach Apr 18
- Sverrisdottir leads No. 24 TCU over Wyoming Feb 13
- Carlson helps Wyoming beat No. 22 TCU Jan 14
- Oregon uses defense to smother Wyoming, 78-66 Dec 20
- Zellous leads Pittsburgh over Wyoming Mar 22
- Utah clinches Mountain West with 20th straight win Mar 2
- Podziemska powers Wyoming past Colorado State Feb 28
- Defense leads Wyoming past Air Force Feb 16
- Ross leads TCU to fifth straight win Feb 14
- Fast start sparks No. 22 Wyoming past New Mexico Feb 10
- Carling, defense lead BYU to upset of Wyoming Feb 3