Davis-Cain scores 27 to lead Florida State past FloridaNov 24, 2007 - 1:40 AM GAINESVILLE, Florida (Ticker) -- Tanae Davis-Cain scored 27 points and Florida State forced 23 turnovers en route to an 81-78 win over in-state rival Florida on Friday.
Trailing 41-37 at the half, Davis-Cain scored eight points in the first 3:08 of the second to pull the Seminoles even at 45-45.
Florida State (5-1) surged ahead from that point, pushing the lead to as much 74-64 on Jacinta Monroe's jumper with 3:11 remaining in the game. Monroe scored 10 of her 14 points in the second half and finished with nine rebounds, four blocks and three steals off the bench.
Marshae Dotson scored 22 points and Depree Bowden added 17 points and connected on 5-of-7 3-point attempts for Florida (3-2).
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19
- Middle Tennessee-Florida St. Preview Mar 18
- Albany upsets Florida 61-59 in 1st round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Albany-Florida game ends with the wrong score after mistake Mar 18