Hot shooting helps Temple upset George WashingtonJan 20, 2008 - 1:23 AM PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- Shana Cotton scored the game winner and Lindsay Kimmel added 15 points to lead Temple to a 68-66 victory over No. 13 George Washington in an Atlantic 10 matchup on Saturday.
Cotton broke a 66-66 deadlock with a layup with 22 seconds remaining and Jessica Adair and Sarah-Jo Lawrence were unable to convert down stretch for the Colonials, who connected on just 3-of-12 3-point attempts.
Kimmel scored all of her points from the arc, going 5-of-12 from 3-point range, and Lady Comfort and Ashley Morris added 14 points apiece for Temple (9-10, 2-1 Atlantic 10), which shot 53 percent (25-of-47) and held a 35-24 rebounding advantage.
Lawrence scored 17 points to lead George Washington (14-4, 2-1), which had its nine-game winning streak snapped.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- No. 21 South Florida women top Temple 76-62 for 2nd in AAC Feb 27
- 5 overtimes! Memphis women outlast Temple 100-97 Feb 19
- UConn women win 61st straight, topping Temple 85-60 Feb 14
- Covile gives Temple women 68-66 upset of No. 19 USF Feb 6
- Stewart lifts No. 1 UConn to 104-49 rout of Temple Jan 16
- No. 13 Florida State women roll to 75-47 victory over Temple Dec 6
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28